Contact

Monday, 15 December 2014

Runners up (Top makeup of 2014)





The ones that didn't quite make the Top 5 but I still had to mention! 

Topshop highlighter in Crescent Moon. 
The main reason I didn't want to mention this is because it is no longer available. 
It is a beautiful, intense highlighter that looks fantastic when applied with the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Contour brush. I dust this along the tops of my cheekbones and it adds a real glow to the skin! Not for anyone who prefers a more subtle, natural highlight though as it really pops on the skin. If you can somehow get your hands on this, grab it! You won't be disappointed. 

Benefit Gimme Brow (Shade: Light/Medium) 
I went through a bit of a love, hate relationship with this little guy. I started off by absolutely loving it. I was obsessed! It kept my brows in place, whilst also adding a tint of colour and filling in any little bits that I may have missed. It was great! Then, I started to fall out of love with it. I started noticing it would go a bit... Ashy? It was strange. Instead of blending in with my eyebrows it would sit very obviously on top of the hairs and turn almost a slight ashy, grey colour. It was not a good look! So I stopped using it for a while. 
I recently picked it up again and I am back to enjoying it! I'm not completely in love with it the way I was originally but I do enjoy using it to set my brows in place, it does make a difference. I don't think I'll repurchased though. There has been a lot of drugstore options pop up over the last few months that I'll probably try our next. 

Urban Decay Setting Spray (De-slick)
I really enjoy this product, however, I can't decide if I see a massive difference in the wear of my makeup which is why it didn't go into my top 5. This, combined with my InstaBlur primer make a massive difference in keeping oil at bay throughout the day, which then helps with my makeup stay in place much longer. I just don't know how well it would hold up on it's own but combined with a primer, it's great. I do enjoy using this product and I have put it on my Christmas List! 

No.7 Pop and Glow Cream Blush Sticks (shade: Rose Blossom)
These are great little products. It is a cream blush that you pop onto the skin (I use the Real Techniques stippling brush- fantastic together!) and it dries down to a powder finish. They give a great pop of colour but still look natural on the skin. What I love the most about these though, is they don't end up rubbing away your foundation when you apply them, which is what puts me off using a lot of cream blushes. 
I also ended up picking up the highlighter version as well, which is just as nice! 

Tanya Burr lip glosses.
I seem to have gathered quite the collection of these over the year. They really are great, probably some of the nicest lip glosses I have used. The super pigmented, creamy formula makes them great for throwing on on their own or over a lipstick for extra colour and shine. I have 8 in total now and only 1 of them has been a bit of a fail (Just Peachy- far too pale for me. If it was less pigmented it would be great but the opaque, milky peach lip look isn't for me I'm afraid.) 
My favourite colours are Picnic in The Park, Aurora and Exotic Island! 

No comments:

Post a Comment