Contact

Wednesday, 17 December 2014

My Top 5 of 2014: Skincare



1. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet 
This is a fantastic moisturiser for oily/dehydrated skin types, which I have.. Duh. My skin also tends to be quite fussy which moisturiser as well.
It is a super light, fluffy consistency, which means it is really quickly and easily absorbed into the skin
. It sinks in instantly and leaves you skin feeling plump and supple. Despite being so light, it gives a great boost of moisture to the skin, yet doesn't leave it feeling heavy or sticky. It's perfect. I've been through so many of these this year and can not see myself straying from it any time soon.

2. Hydraluron by Indeed Labs
Ahh, I just love this so much. The perfect, simple, does the job and does it well, serum. This is fantastic if you have dehydrated skin as it really gives you the best out of your moisturiser by really holding the moisture within the skin. It sinks in instantly to my skin and then when I apply my Caudalie moisturiser on top, it drinks it up and holds it there for the whole day. My skin feels so plump and hydrated when I use these two products. Hydraluron works amazingly under any moisturiser.

3. Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner.
THIS. This, is easily, by far, my favourite skincare product ever. Yes. I can quite confidently say that. I just adore it! The difference I see in my skin when I use this is amazing. It exfoliates the surface of the skin (acid toner) making it smooth and even but what I love the most about it is it leaves this amazing glow to my skin! My skin literally has that "lit from within" look to it after I use this. It is brilliant. It's so gentle on the skin, so you can use it every day (and trust me, you'll want to!). If you have tired, dull, dry looking skin, please, pick up a bottle of this!
It also does wonders for anyone who has congested/spotty skin, as it kills off bacteria on the surface of the skin, as well as removing dead skin cells that will be clogging everything up (Nice.) PLEASE get yourself a bottle. Or add it to your Christmas list. I could talk about this forever, so I better stop here and move onto the next thing!

4. The Body Shop Silky Camomile Cleansing Oil.
What a surprise, right? I couldn't leave this little gem out. No matter what cleanser I use, whether it is a balm or an oil, cost £50 or £5, I will always, always, always come back to this. It is a staple for me.
For the price, you just can't beat it. It is fantastic quality, the oil is so light and comfortable on the skin. It removes everything in one go, with just one pump of product. And it is effortless to remove off the skin- warm water and a flannel and it is gone.
It is so effective at removing makeup and cleaning the skin, yet will never strip or damage the skin. It leaves it soft and supple but 100% makeup/dirt/grime free. Suitable for everyone, every skin type.

5. Bioderma.
How could I not mention Bioderma?! I have been so in love with the one for over a year now but I just had to mention it. It is fantastic.
Bioderma is a staple item for me, I will never be without it in my collection.
I mainly use Bioderma in the morning, for a quick freshen up. I love it around my eyes as it is so refreshing and cooling, it really wakes me up. It really is just like using water. It is so gentle and has never caused any irritation to my skin.
I have also used Bioderma to remove a full face of makeup, including eye makeup, which it works fantastically for (I always recommend double cleansing with something else after though, like an oil or a balm.) It removes everything so easily and again, it never irritated my skin, no matter how many times I go over it.
I am so glad you can now get this easily in the UK from websites such as Escentual and for a great price too! I buy the 500ml bottles and they last me at least 6 months.

So that is my top 5 skincare items for 2014. Again, there will be a Runners Up post shortly after this talking about some more of my favourite bits from 2014

Thanks for reading!

Zoe x



 Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment