Contact

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Affordable Cleansing Balms/Oils (Under £20)


We all know how I feel about cleansing. Like you all should, IT'S IMPORTANT.
So I have gathered together my top, most favourite, affordable cleansers (Balms/oils, so if you're not into that, sorry. p.s you should be into that...)

The Body Shop Silky Camomile Cleansing Oil £10 200ml.
One of the best. Easily. I always, always go back to this. I find this one to be the quickest for removing makeup. The oil just breaks down and melts everything away so easily and effectively. There's no scrubbing at your eyes to remove pesky waterproof makeup, a few gentle sweeps with your finger tips and it practically all gone.
It leaves no residue on the skin and is wiped away with a flannel in one go. Its also super gentle and calming on the skin, great for sensitive faces. In fact, it is great for ALL skin types. Dry, oily, dehydrated.. You name it, you can use it.
Its just win win! I love it.

Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm. £8.99 70ml
A rich, luxurious balm that works and feels almost identical to Emma Hardie's Amazing Face cleansing balm on the skin. It contains 97% organic ingredients and is loaded with natural plant and vegetable oils. Suitable for oily skins as it is vegetable oil based, so it isn't too thick and is less likely to cause breakouts (Everyone's skin is different, always keep that in mind). Removes makeup effortlessly and leaves the skin feeling super soft and supple. Also, great for facial massage! This is the thickest formulation out of all the balms/oils I am going to mention. You need to remove it throughly with a nice thick flannel and hot water. Out of all of them, it takes me the longest to remove, however it does not leave any residue or anything after I have done so, you do just need to take your time and remove it properly.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil £11-£21 (Okay, JUST over but Escentual usually have it on offer so you can get the large size for under £20 most of the time, promise!)
This is a lovely product. Its slightly thicker than other oils I have used, making it feel much more luxurious on the skin. Despite being thicker, it isn't greasy or hard to remove, and it will not leave residue on the skin (In fact, NONE of the products I have mentioned in this post will) It is olive oil based, which again, is good for oily skin types.
Yes, mine is empty. Yes, I will be repurchasing.

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm £22 (OKAY. I have cheated! But this is such a good one that spending that £2 extra will be worth it. Trust me!)
This is the cleansing balm that I would recommend to everyone! Especially someone who is blemish/acne prone, doesn't want to use oily products on their skin as they are hesitant to do so, doesn't take well to strong scents on their skin (essential oils, or synthetic, each can be irritating to the skin. Everyone's skin is different!)
It is just a good, basic, no fuss cleanser. It doesn't have all the fancy, luxurious ingredients in it but that is okay because it still works so well. It removes makeup, cleans the skin without stripping it and leaves it clean, fresh and smooth. This balm would be particularly good for someone who is acne prone or very sensitive, as it doesn't have anything in it that will cause irritation. Dry skin types might feel the need to go in with something a little bit thicker after, as like I said, it doesn't have any of the oils/butters in it like the others do.

That is my top affordable cleansing balms! I hope this was helpful.

Thanks for reading.

Zoe x


 Disclaimer: I work for The Body Shop. However, all opinions about products from The Body Shop are 100% my own and do not reflect the opinions of those at The Body Shop. Any product given to me for staff sampling has been marked with an *. Any product from The Body Shop not marked, will have been purchased by myself, with my own money at a staff discounted price. All my opinions are completely true and honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment