Contact

Sunday, 19 October 2014

Save vs Splurge: Gel Cleansers






I am back with another save or splurge post, this time on gel cleansers. 

I would just like to say I use gel cleansers as a second cleanse, after I have removed my makeup with either an oil or a balm. I also would use these as a morning cleanse.

The Products 

nSpa Melting Cleansing Gel £6
Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel £20

Ingredients

nSpa
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera Seed (Grapeseed) Oil, Aqua, Sucrose Laurate, Sucrose Palmitate, Parfum, Citrus Aurantium Flower (Neroli) Oil, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Natural Vitamin E), Alcohol, Sucrose Myristate, Isopropyl Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, CI 16035, CI 19140.

Clarins 
Caprylic/Capric TriglycerideHydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearayl Heptanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Glycerin,AquaCyclomethicone, Sclerocarya Birrea, ParfumPhenoxyethanolEthylhexyl MethoxycinnamateTocopherol,MethylchloroisothiazolinoneButyl MethoxydibenzoylmethaneEthylhexyl SalicylateMethylisothiazolinoneBht,Hexyl CinnamalBenzyl SalicylateCi 19140, Ci 17200

Application

nSpa- This cleanser starts off as a thick gel. As you massage it into the skin, it does break into a slightly thinner, more oil like consistency but it does still stay more gel-like. 
It is easy to move and work around the skin, you do not need to pull or tug at the skin. 
You then apply water to the skin to make the gel emulsify to a light milk. This feels really light and refreshing on the skin. It is then a very milky, runny consistency

Clarins - This also starts off as a gel. Although, I find this one is slightly thinner than the nSpa. Once you massage this onto the skin, it melts into a lovely oil that moves effortlessly over the skin. Even though it is an oil, it doesn't feel greasy or heavy on the skin. 
I do not emulsify this one as I like it as an oil (although you can do so if you want). I only emulsify the nSpa one as it specifically requires you to to get the most out of the product. 

Removal

nSpa- I remove this with a warm, damp flannel. It wipes off the skin clean, leaving no residue or coating behind on the skin. The light, milky consistency means it is super quick and easy to remove with one swipe of the flannel (although I always go over the skin a few times anyway.) or if you like to splash your face with water, it would be easy to remove that way too. 

Clarins- I also remove this the same way, with a flannel. Again, this removes really easily. The oil wipes off the skin without leaving any residue behind. 

Result

nSpa- I love how fresh my skin feels after I use this. I think it is a great cleanser to use in the morning as it really wakes you up and also because it is so light on the skin! Your skin is left feeling really soft and supple. It has been given the moisture and hydrating it needs without being heavy or too much for the skin. 

Clarins- I like how nourishing this is to my skin. I would prefer to use this one more at night than in the morning as it is a little bit richer. I love the more luxurious feel this one has to it, even though it is a gel cleanser. I do not get the same fresh feeling on my skin as I do with the nSpa after using this. My face does feel nice and clean though. 

Overall opinion: Save or Splurge?

Again, I think I am going to have to say save! I am just so impressed with the results of the nSpa cleanser and for such great value! Even though I do enjoy using the Clarins cleanser, it doesn't give me the same super fresh, awake feeling the nSpa option does.
Overall, they are very similar products that both perform very well but for the price difference, I do not notice that much of a difference between the two. 

Looks like you can save yourself some more pennies and go for the cheaper version this time round too!

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful.

Zoe x


4 comments:

  1. I've tried a lot of Nspa products lately, they can't seem to do any wrong! Clarins pure melt is one of my favourite cleansers, but I only really use it as a treat because £20 is a lot for something you wash off! I will definitely be picking up the Nspa to try x

    Cream Tea And Rose Jam // Pretty Honest Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the very late reply! Thanks for reading this post, I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you got on well with the nSpa option! They are such a great brand, aren't they?! I'm so glad I found them xx

      Delete
  2. Ah I wish we got this where I am! Such a lovely review and sooo wishing we got that here :/ I majorly use Clarins so finding a less pricy dupe would be fab

    www.makeitraynex.com

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no! Sorry about that. Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe just keep looking for another affordable gel cleanser in your local shops, I'm sure one will pop up! I am always picking up new cleansers so if I find another affordable option I am sure I'll end up doing a post on it! Xxx

      Delete