Contact

Sunday, 31 August 2014

Hi-Tech Body Care




Okay, so maybe "hi-tech" is a bit dramatic but the products I am going to talk about really are a step up from your usual body scrub and moisturiser. 

I have a lot of uneven texture on my legs. This is caused my loads of little bumps under the skin, that start from just above my knee (They're the worst in that area) and go all the way down my legs. It looks like congestion you'd get on the skin on your face but I am assuming it is caused my little ingrown hairs, blocked hair follicles etc.. My skin is also very dry and dehydrated. Sounds great, doesn't it? 

It was really starting to bug me and my regular scrubs just weren't making the cut, so I went on a little mission to find a far more intense scrub- and I found the perfect thing.

This is the Nip + Fab Circulation Fix Body Scrub- containing glycolic acid. I knew straight away I was onto a winner!


I love glycolic acid and regularly use it in my skincare routine. This is an acid that exfoliates like a manual scrub but instead of containing physical little beads, it is completely smooth and works but nibbling away all the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. 
This scrub does also contain scrubby beads, which I am fine about as I don't mind using them on the skin on my body. 
Glycolic acid is one of the main ingredients (6th in the list to be exact) which means there is a good amount in there.

Basically, this is amazing. You use it like a normal scrub, on damp skin, in the shower. I really focus this above my knee, where the bumps are the worst. After you've stopped scrubbing you can then feel the glycolic acid tingling on the skin as it melts away all the dead skin cells, it is awesome! I like to let it sit for a few minutes to get the maximum effect of the acid, before washing it away. 

After, you skin is so smooth and soft. Everything also looks really smooth and evened out. I have used this about 5 times now and I have seen such an improvement. The little bumps are much smaller now and are practically flat. I can see them going completely within a few more uses! 

I am so impressed by this product and really recommend anyone try it if they aren't getting the results they want with their regular body scrubs. 

And then, if things couldn't get any better for my now super soft pins- I found the perfect partner to go along side the scrub!

The Nip + Fab Hyaluronic Fix Body Gel. Yup. 




So basically, hylaronic acid is another one of my favourite ingredients that I also use regularly in my skincare routine. 
What this does it helps to hold moisture and hydration within the skin. Think of it as glue- you apply it and then anything you apply onto is going to stick.
So if you apply this as you base and then layer a regular lotion on top of it, the gel is going to help that moisture sink in better to the skin and hold it within the skin, so the hydration lasts for so much longer and basically, works better. 

I wouldn't use this on it's own, as that would defeat the purpose, you need to layer another product on top. It goes really tacky and sticky, that is it ready to absorb whatever you apply on top of it. 
(For any Hydraluron users- it would be like just using Hydraluron without applying a moisturiser on top- defeats the purpose!)

So, I use this and then apply my Body Shop Shea Lotion as it is a nice light consistency as well. Together, my legs are so soft and moisturised for the whole day. I can touch them at the end of the day and still feel how moisturised they are, where as without the gel underneath, the moisture would only last for a few hours. 

I really recommend this duo as they work so well! They are also on offer at Boots just now for practically half price, which is amazing. 

I hope you found this post helpful and check these out for yourself!
Thanks for reading.

Zoe x 

No comments:

Post a Comment