Contact

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Beauty Chit Chat




So, basically.... This is just a post about a bunch of different things I wanted to talk about on here that weren't important enough or big enough to have a whole post dedicated to them. So I figured throwing them all into one, rambly chatty post would be the best thing to do.

The first thing I want to mention MAC. I was sent a freebie from them this week as an apology for their awful service I received in one of their stores a few months ago. Despite taking a good month and a half to reply I was sent a free 30ml Prep and Prime Primer as an apology. Yay!



I tried it out the other morning and the consistency was nice. It almost felt like a moisturiser, quite liquidly but creamy. It melted away to nothing on the skin (which is.. meh for me.) I didn't notice a massive difference in the length of time my makeup lasted throughout the day or anything, however it did allow it to blend beautifully onto the skin, making it really smooth and effortless. I shall continue to use it. Who knows, I could fall in love with it!

Speaking of primers... I think I am dying without my InstaBlur. I added it to my empties pile a few days ago and miss it oh so much already. I never noticed how much of a difference it made to controlling oil but since not using it, I've gone from "healthy, dewy skin" to "have you dipped your face in a chip pan?" skin. Errr.. Not great. I can not wait to repurchase! 
Being without it has made me love it even more.



Something I am not loving any more (How well is this all flowing together?!) will probably come as a shock.. But it is the Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm. 



There's just something about it that just isn't making me want to reach for it any more. I think its the texture, how its slightly more waxy. I'm finding that I have to go over it several times to get every last scrap off, something I don't have to do with my balm or oil cleansers. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't leave any residue and I am probably just being fussy but I have just been craving a more oily, melty cleanser than the waxy balm. *sigh* 
After this pot is finished I will have to seriously debate whether I want to repurchase or not. 

SPEAKING of melty.. (Seriously, I am so smooth..)
I popped over to the Clarins counter and picked up a couple new bits. I am not going to go into too much detail as I kind of want to write a whole post about them.
But, anyway. I picked up the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel.. Mmmm. Sounds exactly what I am looking for!



I am yet to try it so I can't give any opinions yet but I am very excited and hopefully this ticks all the boxes.
I may have also found yet another Clarins toner that I am in love with... Seriously, how many can there be?! But as I said, a full post is coming up on that! 

I stayed at a friends house last week and stupidly forgot my eye brow pencil (Queue mad panic!) So popped to Boots and picked up the Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in Dark Blonde.



I had read a blog post on it (by who, I am not sure) and they had said it was really good and natural, with ashy undertones instead of orangey/ginger and it was a really good texture. So for £2.99 I didn't mind picking it up. 

And it is pants. 

The colour is really nice and natural, it didn't look orange at all but it almost wasn't pigmented enough? I found myself going over the same areas again and again and not getting anywhere and I think that is due to the texture. Its really waxy... So instead of building up, it kind of just slid around and did nothing. It was weird. 
So I ended up with really faint, greasy looking brows. Hot.

On the plus side though, it's got a really good spooly on the end! 

I don't think I will be posting a July Favourites this month, as honestly, I haven't been particularly loving anything, apart from a couple things but that isn't enough to write a whole Monthly Favourties on (They will be mentioned at some point though!) The month has flown by so quickly that I didn't have time to even think about trying out new bits and nothing has really stood out to me anyway. I'll have to make up for it in the next Favourites post!

The Body Shop are coming out with a whole load of awesome new stuff next month that I am beyond excited for! Here's a sneak peak.... 


YES that is fruity scented hand creams! I am too excited. All these beauties are released in store and online on August 13th, so keep an eye out! 

I think that's all I wanted to talk about in this post! Just a chatty one. I'll end it there.

Thanks very much for reading and I'll be back with a "proper" post in a few days.

Zoe x 

No comments:

Post a Comment