Contact

Thursday, 26 June 2014

REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm (UPDATED)



I love cleansing balms. It's no secret. So I had to pick up this one from REN to add to my collection. I got this a few months ago now but have only just got round to using it (I very clearly have too many cleansing balms. I'm okay with that)

This is the No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm. It'll cost you £23 for 100ml. It can be bought from the REN website  as well as various other online stores. I actually got mine from my local Marks and Spencer's, which is rather handy (and dangerous)!

First of all, I don't enjoy the packaging. Why have a thick balm in a tube? It's impossible to get out but I got there eventually. Eventually. 

It did start of in a tub but I believe it was discontinued. REN took out 50ml of product, knocked £7 off the price and stuck it in the tube. 
(Turns out you can buy the tub again. REN took it back after being bombarded with complaining customers! It's 150ml for £30.) 

It's a really lovely consistency and texture. It's almost the perfect mix between Emma Hardie Amazing Face (a more oily balm) and Clinique TTDO (less oily, more hard and waxy) 

It's thick but spreadable. It melts easily with the warmth of your hands and as you massage it onto the skin, yet it isn't too oily or greasy feeling but nourishing enough to leave you skin feeling moisturised and plump. Yay! 

The eyes? No. Nuh-uh. No way. Avoid the eyes. Made mine sting like nothing else. To the point where they were red and streaming and I seriously regretted immediately rubbing the product into them without a second thought. Why, why, why.

As for the rest of my face, it was lovely.
My skin felt so so so plump and nourished and most of all SOFT. 
It was really supple to the touch and looked fresh. I also found my skin FELT particularly fresh and clean, without feeling tight it stripped in any way. It was 100% comfortable. I was super impressed. 

Ingredients wise, it's got a lot of nice ones in there, the first being sweet almond oil. It also contains camomile, rose water and shea butter too- lovely. 

I found I was excited to use this again- which is always a good sign! 

So, if you don't mind taking your eye makeup off with something else and doing a mini work out trying to get the product out of the damn tube, I recommend this one! It made my skin feel great and it did it's job (apart from the eyes but I can forgive it for that. *runs to Bioderma*) 

Thanks for reading! 

Zoe x 

UPDATE: I'm really sad/annoyed to say that this ended up breaking me out- quite badly. 
I think it's due to the shea butter, it'll just be too heavy for my skin type. I thought it would be okay as I am rinsing the product off but obviously not. I've passed it on to my sister who has a much drier skin type, I imagine she'll get on much better with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment