Contact

Friday, 23 May 2014

Beauty HAUL (Clarins, Clinique, The Body Shop, Tanya Burr + more)


So I've been a bit naughty and purchased quite a few bits and bobs over the last few weeks. So I thought I'd throw them all into a big post and do a haul! Hopefully this will give you an idea on a few new things that have popped up recently or just inspires you to try something new. (I'm just trying to justify my spending..) 

Let's jump right in.


I got the Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25. I wanted to try an SPF that was super light and non-greasy, so I went for this one after reading some reviews. Also, good thing I already knew about this as the lady that "helped" me just stood there and said nothing with a dirty look on her face. Thanks a bunch. Don't you just hate rude consultants that look down their nose at you? 

I picked up a new cleanser from Pai after trying it in a cute little sample set I bought from their website. It's their Camellia and Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser. It made my skin feel super soft and nourished after using it. I've been using it in the morning as it's light and refreshing. Really enjoying this so far!


I also repruchased my beloved Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris but this time I went and got the huge 400ml size! I managed to find this for only £21 online, a total bargain considering in Debenhams etc, a 200ml is £18. Would have been rude not to! 


I picked up the Aloe Soothing Gel from The Body Shop.I wanted something soothing and cooling for after I do my eyebrows as last time they were a bit stingy and sore, so thought this would so the trick! I've used it before after getting them threaded and it worked well so I picked it up for at home too.


Now some makeup bits! 
I unintentionally have a little theme going on when it comes to my eye products. Purple. Metallic shimmery purple. 


I picked up:

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate. 
After seeing a photo of it on Instagram and I just had to have it! I've used it a couple times already and LOVE it. The perfect base for shadow! 

Rimmel Colour Quad in 022 Brixton Brown.
Again, more purpley/browny shades. I haven't tried this one yet but I'm excited to because its so pretty!

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Defined in 220 Perfect Plum.
AGAIN a super pretty metallic purple! I've used this already and is so pretty and subtle. I like a lot along the bottom lash line, smudged out slightly.

When I was in Edinburgh I picked up 3 of the Tanya Burr lipglosses. 


The shades I got: (L-R in photo) Picnic in the Park, Let's Travel The World and Just Peachy. I've only tried Picnic in the Park so far and I really like it. I'm considering doing a review of all three, so keep an eye out for that in a couple weeks (Although they've already been reviewed a million times but oh well.) 

I got an OPI nail polish in Lets do Anything We Want! Which I believe is from the new Muppets collection but I picked it up in TKMaxx for £7 (yay) it's a super pretty pink glitter with white square chunky-ish glitter throughout. 


I then picked up a few bits from Korres. I got one of their lip butters in Jasmine, which is just a really sheer pretty pink.


And their nail polish which is also a really sheer pretty pink called Peony Pink. I'm excited to try it as I'm always on the hunt for the perfect baby pink polish! (I have just painted my nails with this whilst waiting for this post to upload and I LOVE IT *adds to May faves list*) 


A couple hair things are up next..
I never bother with hair stuff as my hair is so thin and flat and no matter what you do to it, it just looks rubbish. So I tend not to do anything at all! But it was 3 for 2 in Boots and I had to pick up some "essentials"

I repurchased the NAKED Blonder lightening shampoo. This is the only shampoo that claims to make your hair lighter that has actually worked for me. I also love that it's natural and doesn't have any harsh ingredients. I then bought  the volume shampoo from the same brand. I need all the volume I can get! 


And then since it was three for 2...


But I bought this product for my Sister for her birthday and then stole a little squirt of it a couple weeks ago and it actually worked! It's the Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray.
I just spray this through my hair, then give it a scrunch and flip about and it gives some definition and texture to my hair. It also gives it a bit of "grip" which is handy for any back combing or further styling. Since I was getting it for free, I thought I might as well pick it up! 

Okay so they were my recent beauty purchases! I hope you enjoyed reading this and saw something you'd like to pick up for yourself! 

Thanks for reading 

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment