Contact

Wednesday, 23 April 2014

REN Skincare Haul




REN is a brand I've always been interested in and seen a lot of since reading blogs/watching YouTube videos. However it was never really readily available for me to buy until it came to M&S near me. 

Last week they had a promotion that when you bought 2 REN products you got a £30 free gift- yes, please. 
Then this week, they had 20% off their whole beauty section- again, yes please. So I took these chances to buy a few bits is always been interested in. So here is a quick post about what I got...


Clear Calm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser.



I bought this to use as the second step in my double cleanse at night, after removing all my makeup with the likes of a balm cleanser. I'd also use it in the morning as it's lighter than a balm. This contains clay which is really good at drawing our impurities and just giving the skin a good cleanse without stripping it of moisture.

I also bought a balm cleanser. The No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm.


I have a weakness for balm cleansers (and exfoliating toners) I originally saw this on Instgaram but in a tub. And I was like "I need it." There's just something about balm cleansers that get me every time! However they've changed the packaging and put it in a tube and reduced it from £30 for 150ml to £23 for 100ml, which is fine with me. 
This is what I'd use as my first cleanse at night to remove and melt away all traces of makeup. 

I also purchased the Invisible Pores Detox Mask.


I like to use detoxifying masks once every couple weeks, just to, well.. Detox my skin. This contains clay, lactic acids, fruit oils and lavender oil. The clay helps draw out impurities but the oils help to purifie the skin and also leaves it smooth and more toned. 

I also bought the REN Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream. 


I liked the look of this as it's targeted to help defend your skin against pollution and environmental damage whilst providing your skin will all the essential nutrients and antioxidants. I liked the consistency when I tried it on my hand in the store. It was fairly light and sunk it well and a little seemed to go a long way. I always get a bit nervous about trying new moisturisers as a lot of the ones I have tried haven't worked well for my skin and have broken me out as they've been too heavy, so hopefully this one doesn't do that!

From the same range I bought the Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil. Which I really didn't need. But Caroline Hirons said it was amazing so I couldn't not try it! It's now the 4th skin oil on rotation. 


It's meant to build up your lipids in the skin to help keep the skin plump and healthy whilst reducing the signs of any ageing, fine lines or wrinkles. It also claims to "re-energise" the skin cells allowing your skincare to work better.

As for the free gift..



It contains 6 deluxe size samples from RENs most popular products all in a handy little travel bag. 




The samples are:

- Rosa Centifolia Cleasing Gel 25ml
- Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 15ml
- Vita Mineral Daily Supplement Cream 15ml
- Vita Mineral Active 7 Eye Gel 3ml
- Neroli and Grapefruit Body Wash 50ml
- Neroli and Grapefruit Body Cream 50ml




I'm really looking forward to trying out everything. I might do a follow up post talking about what I think of everything once I've properly tried them out.

Thanks for reading!

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment