Contact

Monday, 14 April 2014

My Skincare Routine


I am kind of obsessed with Skincare. Out of all things beauty it's what I love the most and I truly believe it's okay to spend your hard earned cash on your best asset. You do only have one face to last you forever, you know..

-My skin type is normal/oily.
-Mainly oily in the t-zone, everywhere else is normal.
-I get slightly dehydrated on my cheeks.
-Spots/blemishes aren't really an issue for me although I do get the odd few here and there.

Okay, so..


AM:
Cleansing:  I usually just go for Bioderma.


 It's quick, easy and refreshing! I love using it around my eyes as I find it really helps wake me up and freshens up my eye area. It also doesn't dry out my skin or leave it feeling sticky or tacky.


Toning: 
I love toning! A lot of people find it an unnecessary step but honestly, it's probably one of my favourite and MOST essential steps! I use two toners. An exfoliating toner and a hydrating toner.

For the exfoliating toner I use Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner. 



I am slightly obsessed with this. I 100% believe this product is the key for glowy skin! It contains Glycolic acid that basically nibbles away all the dead skin cells (without having to scrub at your face with exfoliating beads) leaving a fresh, glowy complexion! Lovely. (I plan to do a more in depth post about exfoliating toners and how amazing they are.)

Then I follow up with a hydrating toner. My one of choice is also from Clarins and is the Toning Lotion with Iris (Which is running very low and I need to repurchase!) 


Again this just leaves my skin feeling fresh, hydrated and glowing. It's alcohol free (a MUST in a good toner) and smells lovely! 
With results like that I don't know why anyone WOULDNT want to use a toner! 

Serum:
I use Hydraluron from IndeedLabs. 


This is just a simple, basic serum packed full of hylaronic acid which helps keep the moisture within your skin throughout the day. This makes my skin feel really plumped up and hydrated and really does help my moisturiser do it's job ALL day. It also helps my under eye area look less dry and prevents concealer creasing.  

Eye Cream: 
I'm using a little sample from Benefit. 



I like this one, however I don't think it works wonders. My under eye area is actually quite dry and I look for an eye cream that really hydrates and moisturises. I still haven't found an eye cream I like enough to stick to yet so I'll have to get back to you on that one!

Moisturiser:


As my skin is oily, throughout the day I like to use a light, hydrating moisturiser. I go for the Caudile Moisturizing Sorbet. This is really lovely as it sinks in instantly (especially paired with the hydralouron) and doesn't leave any film over my skin or leave me looking shiny or greasy. It's perfect for the day and under makeup, leaves my skin hydrated and moisturised. Exactly what I want!

And that's me done for my routine in the morning.

PM:
Cleansing: I use a cleansing balm. So far I've used the Emma Hardie Amazing Face, Elemis ProCollagen and currently, the Clinique Take The Day Off.




I think I like it the most so far. It doesn't have that "luxury" feel of all the other ones. It doesn't contain any essential oils so doesn't smell lovely and relaxing like the others and it has a more waxy texture instead of a buttery one. However, it's the one that has worked best for my skin! I like that it's simple, basic and no fuss, yet doesn't have any nasties in it. Yay! It still still gives me the same results as all the other fancier ones in terms of removing all traces of makeup (including eye makeup) but find that my skin has got clearer and just looks better since using it. I think that my skin can react badly to some essential oils and that's maybe why I was getting a few spots here and there when using other balms, nothing seriously, just something that was a bit annoying. So this has definitely been my favourite so far and at half the price of the others (£21 for 125ml) I most certainly can't complain. :) I like to use it with this little tool from The Body Shop. It's a facial massager. I use this on my second cleanse (so once I've removed all the makeup and get to ACTUALLY cleaning my skin.) It helps to increase the blood flow to the surface of the skin, making your skin nice and plump. It's also really relaxing and helps you get a better cleanse. 

Then I tone, usually just with the Clarins Hydrating Lotion. However, if I find my skin is looking a little but full I will go in with the exfoliating toner as well. 

I then move on to a "treatment". This would be the La Roche Posay Effleclar Duo. 




This. Is. Amazing.

It's a treatment that unblocks pores and flushes away congestion from underneath the skin. If you run your hand over your skin and can feel an uneven bumpy texture, THAT is congestion. Effaclar Duo contains ingredients such as salicylic that get into the pore and flush out any dirt and bacteria that would usually lead to spots and further congestion. This product made a MASSIVE difference to my skin and I recommend it to anyone suffering with blemishes. A lot of people look for it to target spots that have already formed on the skin and even though it does help with them it really targets on clearing out underneath the skin to stop spots forming in the first place. I use to use this everyday when I first bought it but now I only use it at NIGHT maybe 2-3 times a week or more if I need it. I wouldn't recommend using it twice a day, every day because it can be quite drying if you use it too much. It's a TREATMENT, not an everyday moisturiser, so don't go mad with it. But it's seriously amazing and probably one of my favourite products EVER. I currently have the newer version which is Effaclar Duo [+] This formulation is made to help fade pigmentation marks left my spots and blemishes. 

Then at night instead of a moisturiser I use a facial oil. I have recently started using the Kielh's Midnight Recovery Concentrate.



 This stuff is really lovely. It contains all sorts of lovely ingredients such as lavender, rosemary, primrose and jasmine extract. I'm not sure what it is but there's just SOMETHING about this that makes my skin look so fresh and lovely in the morning and my skin tone looks really smooth and even. It's also like is given my skin a drink because it's always really plump and hydrated, no excess oil or residue AT ALL, it just sinks in over night and you're left with beautifully fresh skin in the morning. Like I said about essential oils, my skin an disagree with some of them but nothing in this has made me have that problem. It's worked an absolute treat :) 

Masks:

There is also a couple masks I like to use. However, I haven't found any miracle masks that I 100% love yet, so I'm still on the hunt. 

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. 




This is an exfoliating acid mask. It's meant to give a super glowy complexion as it contains Glycolic acid, like my toner, but in a much more concentrated form. It smells orangey and is really sticky in consistency. I do like this mask, however it doesn't work miracles. I don't notice THAT much of a difference in my complexion when I use this. It's £30 which is really expensive and I think that if you were to use an exfoliating toner every day you get good enough results that you could do without this. I'd recommend trying to get a sample first before forking out £30 (Like I did.) 

I also use the Una Brennan Tea Flower Deep Clean Mask.




I like this for getting rid of pesky blackheads and if I'm just feeling a bit oily and blegh. It's a clay mask so it is really good for pulling out all the impurities. I find it slightly drying so I only use this once every couple weeks or if I really need it. I always follow up with a good hydrating toner and moisturiser. This mask is good quality and really affordable. I've also purchased the hydrating mask by Una Brennan and I'm excited to try that out!

So that is my current skincare routine! I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. As I said I love skincare and am always buying new products to try out but these have been the ones that have really made a difference to my skin and that Ive stuck with! 

Thanks for reading! 

Zoe x

Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me and all opinions are 100% my own. I work for The Body Shop yet all opinions are my own and not of those at The Body Shop. Any products given to me for staff sampling have been marked with an *. 

No comments:

Post a Comment