Contact

Monday, 28 April 2014

April Beauty Favourites 2014






April has been the month for trying out all the lovely new spring products that have come out and I've found some really good ones that I have loved recently, so I'm really excited to talk about them in some detail. I've also got a couple fashion favourites as well that I've thrown in. So here are my April Favourites. Enjoy! 

First up is the No.7 Pop & Glow Cream Blush in Rose Blossom. 




I really love this product and haven't used anything else like it. It is branded as a cream blush, yet when applied to the skin is applies as a powder but a super soft, creamy one. It blends so effortlessly on the skin and what I love most is, you get the smooth application of a cream yet it doesn't end up moving and rubbing away my base make-up, which is a problem I get all the time with cream blushes. Blended out its a really lovely bubblegum pink that's subtle and very pretty on the cheeks. It can also be built up for a more intense colour.




I love this and highly recommend it! There are two other shades and a highlighter in the same formulation that I am very tempted by. 

My next favourite is what I use in conjunction with this blush and its the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I find that this gives the best application as it applies the blush sheer yet gives you the chance to build it up gradually if you want more colour. 




Next up is the Gosh CC Cream. I have the shade 02 Ivory. 




This is a really lovely lightweight, sheer foundation that gives a fresh, illuminated look to the skin. Its marketed as a CC cream which is meant to colour correct any redness, dark circles etc, on the skin and it really does. Considering how light it is, it manages to cover up the redness I get around my cheeks and nose but still looks like skin. Its so buildable but doesn't get cakey or heavy looking, its pretty much undetectable on the skin. I usually wear just this as my base but sometimes use concealer on any areas that might need a bit more coverage. Overall, a lovely product that I highly recommend trying if you're into light, glowy foundation. I use this with my Real Techniques buffing brush, which I've missed using so much as the foundation Ive been using recently (Dr Jart BB Cream) needs to be massaged in with your finger tips or it doesn't blend as well, so I've enjoyed being able to buff in my foundation to a smooth, seamless finish with this brush! 


Benefit Gimme Brow is next.



Im kind of obsessed with this. Its a tinted gel that fills in and sets your eyebrows. I have the light/medium shade and find that it works perfectly for me. I was hesitant at first as I have blonde hair and thought that it would be far too dark for me (They only have 2 shades, light/medium, medium/dark) But its absolutely fine! It helps my brows look more defined without looking fake or overally filled in and it keeps them in place ALL day. I use an eyebrow pencil to fill them in first and then go over them lightly with the Gimme Brow, using it to shape and define the brows and then fill in any areas that need a little extra. Its also in such a tiny little tube that its perfect to carry around with you in your handbag.

My next favourite is my Mini Tangle Teezer!




I got a Tangle Teezer for my Christmas and love it so much that I decided I needed another one to take with me on the go. If you haven't tried this, you're missing out! I don't know how it works but it just brushes through your hair effortlessly and doesn't tug or hurt. It works so well in wet hair, it just glides through it without snapping or damaging  any areas that are knotted or tangled up. I have really thin hair and it can get knotted and break quite easily and since using this I've seen such a difference. My hair also doesn't fall out as much as it's not being pulled at or tugged on with a normal brush. I couldn't go back to using a normal hair brush after having this! It's so good. 

My next favourite is a fashion item. 
I bought this top in New Look a couple weeks ago and I love it. 



I don't usually wear a lot of colour, so this was a nice addition to my usual black on black on black.
Yellow/lime green isn't really a colour I'd go for but recently I've been seeing a few really nice pieces pop up in this colour and I've really warmed to it. 
I also find that even though this has a boxy shape to it (Again, not my usual style at all!) it's more flattering on that other styles I have tried in the past. 

I pair this with a collared white blouse underneath and a statement necklace (Now, THAT part is very me.) 




Continuing on with the yellow/Lime green theme, I have this bag. 




Again, I have been a few bags in shops in this lovely colour at about £30+ and even though I loved them and they were gorgeous, I had to walk away because 1. I didn't know how much I'd actually wear it. 2. This colour is very much a trend and trends come and go and 3. Let's face it, I didn't really want to spend that much on a handbag that I'd only get a few months wear out of. So when I saw this in Tesco on my lunch break for only £10 (!!!) I was like Um, you're coming home with me.

I love it! It has a lovely chain detail on the straps that I think really add to the bag and make it look more expensive that it is. The strap is also detachable, so you can have it as a clutch bag if you fancy. It's a really good size, perfect for a night out. There are 2 pouches on the inside, one is a zipper compartment and the other is a slot for your phone. And THE COLOUR. I like that it's bright without being too neon and in your face because I really dislike anything neon. So this is the perfect shade of "bright but not too bright" for me! So happy with this little bargain. Thanks, Tesco.

My last favourite for this month has to be having a blog. I'm so glad I plucked up the courage this month to finally post something. It's been so fun! Thank you to everyone that takes the time to read my posts and for all the support I've received over the last few weeks, it really means a lot to me. :)

So there you have it, my top products for April :) I really hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful. 

Thanks for reading! 

Zoe x 

No comments:

Post a Comment